First off, thank you for considering contributing to Fairphone. It’s people like you that make Fairphone possible.
Below, you’ll find all the information you need to get started right away! Take a minute to read it so we know you respect the time of the developers managing and developing this project. In return, we will reciprocate that respect by addressing your issue, assessing changes, and keeping your issue up-to-date.
Android 6 for Fairphone 2 is our latest project, and we’d love to receive contributions from our community (that’s you)! You can start today by submitting bug reports.
How to contribute:¶
All contributions and bugs can be submitted in our bug tracker. Even small issues such as spelling mistakes can be made into a bug.
- Check for duplicates. Vote up an existing bug report instead of filing a similar one.
- Have a look at the bugs already submitted to get a feeling for how to do it.
- Sign-up to create an account.
- Now click the bright green button in the top right of our issues list and fill in the field in the new window that pops up. Easy, right?
You’re ready to submit your first bug!
- Give as complete and detailed information as possible when submitting a bug.
- Include the Fairphone version, OS version, apps in use, networks connected and steps needed to reproduce the bug if possible.
- Use factual language describing the issue, not your personal feelings on the issue or how it is being handled.
If you’re still not confident that you’re doing it right, feel free to ask for help. Don’t worry, everyone is a beginner at first.