If you’re done using Fairphone Open, you can always go back to Fairphone OS.
If you switch to Fairphone OS, all your data (including apps, messages and pictures) will be erased. Make sure to backup first!
Manual installation (using fastboot)¶
- Download the “manual switcher to Fairphone OS” from the download section of this site.
- Extract the manual switcher to Fairphone OS by running
- Boot your phone into fastboot mode (hold the Volume Down button while you power on the phone).
- Connect the phone to a computer using a USB cable.
- Execute the flashing script
- On any GNU/Linux distribution make sure that you have “fastboot” installed from your package management system, and execute the flashing script by typing “sh flash-for-unix.sh”. If you have not installed “fastboot” using the distribution package management system, you need to prefix the command above with “sudo”.
- On Apple Mac OS X 10.10 and later, double click on the script called “flash-for-mac.command”.
- On Microsoft Windows 7 and later:
- Windows can install the USB driver automatically, let the system handle the driver installation if the device is not recognised.
- Double click on the script called “flash-for-windows.bat”.
When the installation finishes, press Enter to reboot the phone into Fairphone OS.