Fairphone Open 19.11.2 release¶
Fairphone Open 19.11.2 has been released. You can get it through the Updater, or by download in the download section of this site.
- Introduce setting and notification for enhanced 3D graphics support (fixes Pokémon Go and others)
- Improve user experience of future update installations (replace TWRP with AOSP recovery)
- Fix broken WiFi since 19.08.1 with FRITZ!Box 7360 and related
- Improve WiFi user experience (integrate revised WiFi driver)
- 2019-10-05 security patch level
- from the Android Security Bulletin—August 2019:
- CVE-2019-2127, CVE-2019-9506
- from the Android Security Bulletin—September 2019:
- CVE-2019-2115, CVE-2019-2123, CVE-2019-2124, CVE-2019-2174, CVE-2019-2177, CVE-2019-2178, CVE-2019-2179, CVE-2019-2331, CVE-2019-10491, CVE-2019-10524, CVE-2017-17768
- from the Android Security Bulletin—October 2019:
- CVE-2019-2173, CVE-2019-2173, CVE-2019-2185, CVE-2019-2186, CVE-2019-2187, CVE-2019-2268
Please report any (new) issues through the bugtracker. As usual, please specify the steps to reproduce, and provide as many details as possible.
If you are coming from Android 6, the Android 7 upgrade cannot be installed on encrypted devices with secure start-up enabled. Please disable secure start-up first: go to security settings and re-enter your current screen lock, but leave secure start-up disabled. You should undo this after installing the update.
If you do encounter the decryption issue after upgrading to Android 7, do not wipe your data. You can flash Android 6 to get your data back and follow the workaround on the bugtracker to install Android 7.