Fairphone Open 21.05.0-rel.1 release¶
Fairphone Open 21.05.0-rel.1 has been released. You can get it through the updater, or by download in the download section of this site.
- Reintroduce dual SIM toggles
- Reintroduce FM radio app
- Fix front (selfie) camera upside down with old camera module
- Fix camera slow to launch
- Fix incorrect decryption pattern recognised as “correct but corrupted data”
- Fix no upgrade from Android 7 19.12.1-beta1 versions
- Hardware-accelerated video decoding of H.264 and MPEG2 is now always on (added missing support for color aspects). The option is removed from the Fairphone hardware settings now.
- Add screenshot button to the power menu (align the menu options with Fairphone 3)
- Update F-Droid app to version 1.12.1 and privileged extension to version 0.2.12
- Update Chromium WebView to version 90.0.4430.215
- Update to security patch level 2021-06-05
- from the Android Security Bulletin—April 2021:
- CVE-2020-15436, CVE-2021-0400, CVE-2021-0429, CVE-2021-0431, CVE-2021-0433, CVE-2021-0435, CVE-2021-0436, CVE-2021-0437, CVE-2021-0438, CVE-2021-0443, CVE-2021-0444, CVE-2021-0471
- from the Android Security Bulletin—May 2021:
- CVE-2020-29661, CVE-2021-0472, CVE-2021-0473, CVE-2021-0474, CVE-2021-0476, CVE-2021-0477, CVE-2021-0480, CVE-2021-0481, CVE-2021-0484, CVE-2021-1927
- from the Android Security Bulletin—June 2021:
- CVE-2020-11267, CVE-2020-26555, CVE-2020-26558, CVE-2021-0478, CVE-2021-0506, CVE-2021-0507, CVE-2021-0508, CVE-2021-0509, CVE-2021-0510, CVE-2021-0511, CVE-2021-0512, CVE-2021-0513, CVE-2021-0516, CVE-2021-0521, CVE-2021-0522
Note regarding Android 7 19.12.0 beta versions: We now provide an upgrade path from the last Android 7 beta version (19.12.1-beta1). The 21.05.0-rel.1 release has the dual SIM toggles available that were reintroduced in the 19.12.0 betas.
Please report any (new) issues through the public issue tracker. As usual, please specify the steps to reproduce, and provide as many details as possible.